The Cognitions of my heart


What makes me write is what keeps you alive,
What makes me smile, is what keeps you afire,
This is my escape route, my emergency button,
Yea its my soft succulent muse, just like the cotton.

What makes me cry is what gives you desire,
Though my body fails, I still wont retire
What makes me dance is what gives you passion,
In the midst of the desert, I'm still ready for action.

What makes me shout is what makes you silent,
It hits me so deep as an arrow hits it target,
What makes me jump is what keeps you excited,
My soul is on fire, it's truly ignited.

What keeps me awake is what puts me to sleep
Yet aware of every sound and beep,
What pushes me is what pulls me,
Very soft and tough as it can be.

What keeps me with you is what takes me from you,
Your smile or your too much laughter
What makes me happy some times makes you blue
The pleasure; yea the incessant banter.

What draws me close is what pushes you away
Your heart of gold, now coated with lies as silver
What leads me on, sometimes takes you astray,
Your beautiful person drowned in a life so bitter.

I guess we are all just connected in some way,
We see it unfold in our lives day to day,
I stil truly dont understand how or why,
But the day cometh; yea it is very nigh.

Comments

Popular Posts