Phavur's Diaries( Vol 6)

I couldn't sleep through out the night, I kept thinking of Tunde, what did he want to say to me, what was going to happen when I met him, what would he do? What would I do? These words ran through my  heart and came out of my eyes as tears...I finally realised that I was hurt. But then I needed to sleep and prepare for tomorrow, another day with Tunde.
I woke up very late the next morning and was feeling really dizzy, and had heavy eye bags from the tears last night which had become the other of the day after the Tunde-Caro incidence. I sighed and got up from the bed and went to greet my parents before going about my house chores. He called me and asked to meet at a park  in GRA which I turned down. How could he order me around like that? He didn't even say around my house or on my way to church? Who does he even think he is? I thought to my self.
He called me severally and i didn't answer the calls. I just went upstairs to my room to read a book and then I slept off..

At about 3pm, the door bell rang and I went to attend to the visitor, lo and behold it was Tunde. Looking as handsome as ever clothed in a white shirt with the sleeves turned up and a brown chinos with matching moccasins. I jut stood there motionless and stared at him, then I felt his hands on me and heard him say " Favor are you okay what are you looking at"?and then I jolted out of my reverie..this young man had just whipped out all of the anger and bitterness I felt towards him with his looks, whatever made me think I could be angry with him was really not strong enough. But then I needed to pull myself together and first of all find a way to make him leave before anyone caught me. So I asked him to go that I would meet him wherever he wanted me to. I ran upstairs and changed my clothes then I went to my parent's room and told them I was going to visit my best friend and then we would both go to church. Of which they willingly obliged me,  I raced down the steps with so much excitement, so I was finally going to see and talk with Tunde again after three weeks.
I halted a cab hurriedly and described the place to cab driver and then we zoomed off. We arrived the park in less than twenty minutes and I stood there for a while staring at and admiring the richness of God's creation and smiling to myself. The park was large with a beautiful landscape and several decorated huts for people to sit in and shield themselves from rain and sun

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and  by the time I turned, it was him. I shoved his hand away and stood some inches apart. Tunde asked me to come sit in one of the huts that we had a lot to talk about but first he had to eat as he was very hungry. I didn't even notice a canteen in the far left area of the park. He ordered for jollof rice and fried fish with a bottle of coke. I watched him  wolf up his lunch in utter amazement and just smiled every time he looked up.

He beckoned on one of the waiters to clear up the dish, settled the bill and even tipped him. Then he cleared his throat and began: "Favor I need you to forgive me and forget all that has happened this past days, I know you must have been hurt but am really sorry. Look Caro is actually my ex girlfriend so I didn't see the need to tell you about her, I never knew she would do all these things she did.. I feel really bad for putting you through all of this but it seems everything happens for a reason. Because with all of this incidents I have realized that I truly have feelings for you and I want us to be closer than we already are.. The crocs of the whole matter Favor is, that am in love with you" My heart skipped a beat and I could feel bomb explosions in my brain.. I just looked at him, smiled and replied him saying: "Tunde I don't know what to say now take me home first I would get back to you later". He picked up my hand bag and we walked out together to the front of the park then he halted a cab for me and gave the cab man the  directions to my house.. after which he squeezed my palms and told me he would call me later in the evening. And the cab sped off, I got home at half past six and just climbed into bed leaving a note for my mum that I was feeling really tired and didn't want anyone to disturb me. His calls came in but i didn't receive it.. And then a text message from Mide saying "Do Not Be Deceived" I don't understand the message but I just slept off hoping to call him the next day.

Comments

Popular Posts